The Student Photographer and Social Media Assistant will be responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the University and the Department of Residence Life. This position will work closely with the Assistant Director of Residence Life, the Residence Life Systems Administrator, and the Residence Life Administrative Assistant. This position requires students to photograph events on and off campus, prepare photos for use on social media and other printed materials, and engage fellow students via social media.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Department of Residential Life team, the Student Photographer and Social Media Assistant will be involved in the departments overall marketing plan. This student will play a huge role in the overall success of the department and the university.
- Photography: Students will be given a list of various student events on and off campus to photograph.
- Writing: Students will write captions, posts, and/or tweets to go with the photos taken on social media outlets.
- Photo Editing/Organizing: Edit and organize photos in a shared drive for use by Residence Life for marketing and communications.
- Ability to capture and edit candid, action, and posed photos with highest possible quality;
- Excellent customer service and written/oral communication skills are necessary;
- Understanding of popular social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- Working knowledge required in Adobe Photoshop;
- Making any edits or suggested changes within a specified time frame;
- Must be a full-time student at CSU.;
- Motivated and able to work in an environment that requires flexibility;
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service;
- Responsible and dependable;
- Professional demeanor;
- Able to meet deadlines;
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Usage of personal camera with ability to sync images to a computer and/or mobile device;
- A student who lives in housing
This position pays $10.00 per hour.
This position does not have set hours or guarantees consistent weekly hours. The person hired for this position will be given advance notice of events that are occurring and will be given hours after an event for editing purposes if it is required. Hours will be based on student's availability, needs of the department, and other duties as assigned.