We are excited to welcome all of our Residents to campus, especially those that will be joining us for the first time!
Masks are Required during check-in for all Residents and Guests. 1 mask will be provided for each resident at check-in, we ask guests to bring their own masks.
Fall 2020 Move In Day Dates
August 7-14: Appointments are Mandatory. Students can make a Move-In Appointment in the Housing Portal.
Students that have not checked in by August 14 will lose their room assignment, and it will be re-assigned to a student on the waitlist, unless prior approval for a late check-in has been granted.
Move-In Day Check-In Appointments
- Deadline to make a Move-In Appointment is July 24. After this date, students are in danger of losing their room assignment if an appointment is not made
- Time Slots are 4 hours each, 9:00AM-1:00PM, 2:00PM-6:00PM and 7:00PM-11:00PM.
- Students will not be allowed to check-in outside of their scheduled time slot.
- Timeslots are limited to 25 students each, and each student is able to bring no more than 2 guests inside of the housing areas. Additional guests must remain outside of the buildings at all times.
- During the 1 hour between each time slot, Residence Life Staff will disinfect high touch areas in order to prepare for the next group of students and guests.
- Guests are NOT permitted to be inside of the Housing Areas outside of the Residents Move-In time slot. Guests will not be permitted at any time during the fall semester, including parents, outside of move-in for the health of our residents. Guests may meet students outside of the housing areas.
Mandatory Housing Meetings
On the date of check-in, each student must attend a mandatory housing meeting. These meetings will be held virtually, via ZOOM, each day between August 7-14 at 10:00AM, 2:00PM, and 6:00PM. Students can attend the meeting that fits their schedule. Links for these meetings will be provided in early August.
Unfortunately, this year we are unable to accommodate early arrival requests other than student teachers. If you are student teaching in the fall semester, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where Do I Go to Check In?
RiverPark Campus: Check in will be in the RiverPark Housing Office between 9:00AM-6:00PM. For students checking in during the 7:00PM-11:00PM time slot, check-in will be in the Broadway Crossing Front Desk. The RiverPark Housing Office is located on Broadway between University Police and Samurai Sushi or can be accessed adjacent to the Parking Deck on Front Ave. The Broadway Crossing Front Desk is located at 25 W 10th Street.
Clearview Hall: The physical address for Clearview Hall is 58 Clearview Circle. Students will check-in at the front desk inside the lobby.
The Courtyard at CSU: The physical address for the The Courtyard is 3815 University Ave. Students will check-in at the Courtyard Office.
Maryland Circle: Residents should check in at the Courtyard Housing Office during your scheduled appointment time to receive your keys. Each house is located on either Maryland Court or Maryland Circle, and your house number is your physical address.
How do I know if I am eligible to Check In?
Students must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to move in. Students should not just show up to Move-In Day unless all of the criteria are met. We really do not want you to make the drive if we are unable to let you move in.
- Students must be fully accepted to CSU, and must be registered for at least 1 class.
- Students must have applied for housing and be assigned to a room. Students on a waiting list must wait to be notified of a room assignment.
- ALL students must have a check-in appointment. No exceptions. Students can confirm that they have made a check in appointment by clicking the "View Move_In Appointment" link in the Housing Portal.
- Students must electronically sign the COVID-19 Acknowledgement of Risk (this is completed at the same time as making a move-in appointment. If you have a move-in appointment, this is completed.)
- Students must electronically sign their Roommate Agreement. (Located in the Housing Portal)
- Completed any necessary Financial Aid Paperwork. August 22 is the Fee Payment Deadline. Students that are not paid in full (Tuition, Fees, Housing, Meal Plan) on August 22, will be asked to check out. We do not want to see this happen to our residents.
Overflow Housing Information
As the demand for campus housing continues to be high, we are making plans for overflow housing to accommodate our students. One we have solidified a plan for short-term overflow housing, we will announce an update for our students on a waiting list.
Things to Bring and Not to Bring
For a detailed list of what to bring and what not to bring with you on Move-In day, please click here.
If you would like to purchase items for your room, please click here to see how you can save money on great stuff!
Columbus State University does not assume any obligation or responsibility for injury to any person, or loss of or damage to any personal property. Residents are encouraged to purchase appropriate insurance to cover such possible losses and to take valuables with them during break periods.
The following site has some useful information on the benefits of renter's insurance: http://www.insurancequotes.org/renters-insurance/
To help you with your research, here are links to three insurance companies that market themselves to college campuses:
CSU does not recommend any particular company over another, nor do we endorse their services. These three companies have developed successful reputations on college and university campuses around the country.
Along with these companies, most other insurance companies which sell home owner's insurance will also sell "renter's insurance" to students in college residence halls. Families are encouraged to check with their own insurance companies to shop for the best deal.